OTHER PERSONAL SERVICES
We have acted for clients in making immigration, student visas and work permits authorization and citizenship applications. Our work includes assessment of eligibility, drafting and preparation of applications and submissions, preparation of clients for interviews, accompany clients to attend interviews, follow up with the government immigration office, advice and consultation on different stages of the process. Our services in the past have seen us handled the following cases:
- Acted on behalf of a corporation to apply for work permits for a team of experts based on business plan.
- Acted on a humanitarian ground application for a young person who tried to commit suicide in face of deportation, as his whole family is in Canada.
- Obtained landed immigrant status on humanitarian grounds for a person who had no status and abandoned previous identity.
- Acted on behalf of a private investor program project to prepare business proposal and prospectus (prior to the law being changed).
Minor Criminal Defence
Whilst we do not undertake major criminal cases, we have acted on the defence of the following types of criminal cases:
- minor assaults and fights between young persons
- domestic violence involving minor assaults, criminal harassment and uttering death threats
- customs offences involving non-reporting of custom items at port of entry
- statutory offences of trade marks and copyright infringements
Trusts, Wills and Estate Planning
We have acted for numerous clients in setting up their family trusts, drafting their wills, advising on estate planning and probate issues and applying for appointment of estate trustees with or without a will. The following are some of the more notable cases we have handled:
- Drafted complex wills involving several landed properties and substantial personal assets with different dispositions.
- Set up family trusts to preserve assets for the next generation, for specific purposes such as education expenses or for general purposes.
- Applied for appointment of estate trustees for overseas beneficiaries.
advising on various family law related matters, for example:
- Drafted marriage contracts prior to or during marriage.
- Drafted and negotiated separation agreements, involving division of several landed properties with different conditions and substantial personal assets.
- Applied to court for custody of children.
- Prepared statutory declarations for guardian of children.