We have acted for banks, financial institutions, land developers, condominium corporations, individuals, small family owned businesses and large corporations in all manner of real estate related transactions, including both commercial, retail, industrial and residential real estate. The transactions we have worked included providing the following services:
- building redevelopment
- construction and take-out financing
- construction and consultancy contracts
- subdivision site plan approval
- costs sharing agreements
- condominiumnization of redevelopment project
- reciprocal agreement on behalf of condominium corporations
- registration of condominium corporations
- advising residential and commercial condominium corporations
General Real Estate and Conveyancing
- purchase and sale of residential properties
- purchase and sale of commercial and industrial properties
- purchase and sale of shopping malls and plazas
- purchase and sale of raw land for development purposes
- co-ownership agreements, license agreements, purchase and sale agreements
- mortgage and refinancing of residential/commercial/industrial properties
- secured loan transactions
- construction loan transactions
- enforcement of mortgage security
- power of sale of properties by banks and financial institutions
Landlord and Tenant
- negotiating and drafting offers to lease and lease agreements for residential/commercial/industrial properties
- drafting of standard form leases
- eviction of tenants and repossession of leased premises
- rent recovery proceedings
- arbitration proceedings
- relief from forfeiture proceedings
Whilst we have handled transactions of all sizes, the following are some of our larger and more complex transactions:
- Acted for the developer in a redevelopment project in downtown Toronto, starting from eviction of existing tenants, project inception, obtaining municipal approvals, negotiating construction and consultancy contracts, demolition of existing structures, negotiating and implementing construction financing, construction of new residential/commercial mixed use building and condominiumnization of the property.
- Acted for owner on development of prime land in Newmarket, including project inception, application for site plan approval, negotiating and advising on cost sharing agreement amongst neighbouring landowners and municipal servicing of the land.
- Acted on behalf of residential and commercial condominium corporations.
- Acted for overseas financial institution based in New York state in over $10M real estate based financing involving international law issues.
- Acted for owner in negotiating and enforcing property management contract with publicly traded management company.
- Acted for foreign government in acquiring real estate in Canada, involving diplomatic and international law issues.